Famitsu sat down for an interview with directors Daisuke Ishiwatari and Akira Katano of Arc System Works! In the interview, more details are given following the Guilty Gear TGS 2019 stage show. Here are the major tidbits from the interview:
- Guilty Gear will not be PS4 exclusive
- It’s not a direct Xrd game, meaning its a brand new game from scratch
- Sequel to Xrd Rev 2 but not treated as such
- Not all Xrd Rev 2 characters will return
- Continues the story of Xrd Rev 2
- Music will be made by Daisuke Ishiwatari himself
The full interview is available here. As of now, Guilty Gear releases in 2020 worldwide. Platforms are unknown at this time. Stay tuned at Final Weapon for more news from TGS 2019!