NIS America and Falcom announced The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki is coming to the west as The Legend of Heroes: Trails through Daybreak. The Trails RPG will launch in summer 2024 for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC via Steam.
NIS America’s most recent mainline release for the Trails series is The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie. This title takes place roughly six months after the end of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV, and The Legend of Heroes: Trails through Daybreak takes place in Calvard after the events of Trails into Reverie.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails through Daybreak Pre-Order
NIS America has opened Limited Edition pre-orders for The Legend of Heroes: Trails through Daybreak at the NIS America Online Store. The Limited Edition costs $99.99 and includes the Deluxe Edition, mini art book, digital soundtrack, 240-page artbook, 1-disc digipak soundtrack, steelbook, business card case, movie poster art card, and outer sleeve.
Here’s an overview of the game via NIS America:
Between Law and Chaos Lies the Dawn of Adventure
The Spriggan known as Van Arkride, an underground professional that accepts work from any client and acts as a detective, negotiator or bounty hunter with no allegiance. However, the course of his life will change forever when he takes on a strange case that threatens the entire nation. Slash your way through intense combat that springs to life with beautiful visuals, and craft your own gameplay experience in Calvard with features such as high-speed mode and a new alignment system!
- A Case in Calvard – Follow the Spriggan known as Van Arkride as he takes on a case that will change the nation’s fate…as well as his own. Explore the reaches of the Calvard Republic while immersing yourself in a rich story filled with action and intrigue.
- Spriggan to Action – Transition seamlessly between action field battles and turn-based combat with the revamped AT (Action Time) Battle system, and expand your arsenal with new Shard Skills, courtesy of the sixth-generation combat orbment, Xipha.
- Between Law and Chaos – Under the Alignment system, your choices and actions affect how your story unfolds. Your propensity towards Law, Chaos, and the shades in between can influence your status in the city, who will ally with or oppose you, and even what jobs and dialogue options are available to you.
Lastly, The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki is available now for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC via Steam in Japan and Asia.
- The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails Review
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie Review
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III Review
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV Review
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure Review
- Ys IX: Monstrum Nox Review