Nintendo Switch has sold 125.62 million units worldwide as of March 31, 2023, according to Nintendo’s latest earnings release. The company shared updated sales numbers for its latest titles including Fire Emblem Engage and Metroid Prime Remastered.
3.07 million Nintendo Switch units were sold in the final quarter of fiscal year ending on March 31, 2023. Additionally, 41.85 million software units were sold during those last three months. Nintendo Switch is now Nintendo’s best-selling console in terms of software with 1,036.15 million software units sold, which may be read as roughly 1.03 billion.
Updated sales figures for Nintendo’s top performing first-party titles may be found below, courtesy of Nintendo:
Top 10 Best-Selling Nintendo Switch Games
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 53.79 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 42.21 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 31.09 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 29.81 million
- Pokémon Sword and Shield – 25.82 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 25.76 million
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet – 22.10 million
- Super Mario Party – 19.14 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 15.41 million
- Ring Fit Adventure – 15.38 million
Newly Announced Sales Numbers
- Pokémon Legends Arceus – 14.83 million
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 12.82 million
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury – 11.38 million
- Splatoon 3 – 10.67 million
- Mario Party Superstars – 10.17 million
- Nintendo Switch Sports – 9.60 million
- Kirby and the Forgotten Land – 6.46 million
- Mario Strikers: Battle League – 2.54 million
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 – 1.86 million
- Fire Emblem Engage – 1.61 million
- Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe – 1.46 million
- Metroid Prime Remastered – 1.09 million
- Bayonetta 3 – 1.07 million
Nintendo’s next IR briefing, the 83rd Annual General Meeting of Shareholders, is set for June 23, 2023. During the annual meeting, Nintendo will discuss its outlook for the fiscal year ending on March 31, 2024. The company may discuss hardware, software, and upcoming plans during the briefing.
Nintendo’s next major Nintendo Switch release is The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom on May 12. On May 11, Nintendo will host a special edition of Nintendo Treehouse: Live with live gameplay and segments focusing on The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. The event leads up to the midnight launch of the highly anticipated game at Nintendo NYC.