Japanese game developer LeftOver announced arcade-style 3D shooter Asura The Striker for PC via Steam. The upcoming title is inspired by classic 80s and 90s arcade shooters from Japan including SEGA’s Space Harrier.
Asura The Striker is currently scheduled for a 2023 launch with Japanese and English language support on Steam. Later this year, Steam players will destroy enemies in a high-speed 3D shoot ’em up environment as Asura, a humanoid weapon designed to deal with extraterrestrial threats. Some of Asura’s deadly abilities include Lightning Overdrive and Shining Knuckles. The new shoot ’em up is not Steam Deck verified, but it should play just fine on the portable device later this year.
Here’s an overview of the upcoming shoot ’em up via its official Steam page:
About Asura The Striker
Paying respect and homage to the arcade games of the 80s and 90s, this is an arcade-style 3D shooter with speed and exhilaration.
Play as Asura, a humanoid battle weapon, and destroy the invaders from outer space.
Destroy the invaders that are swarming around. Cut through the crisis with Lightning Overdrive! Defeat strong enemies with a single blow with Shining Knuckles! And take down the dreaded invader boss!
Check out Asura The Striker in action below, via Gematsu:
Steam Gameplay Trailer
Lastly, Asura The Striker launches in 2023 for PC via Steam worldwide, and an exact release date will be revealed soon.
Visit Final Weapon’s 2023 Review Coverage:
- Trinity Trigger Review
- Resident Evil 4 Review
- Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster Series Review
- Forza Horizon 5: Rally Adventure Review
- Mega Man Battle Network: Legacy Collection Review
- GrimGrimoire OnceMore Review
- Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon Review
- Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key Review
- ONI: Road to be the Mightiest Oni Review
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure Review
- Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Review
- Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line Review