Henteko Doujin and Bikkuri Software announced shoot em’ up Graze Counter GM launches January 18, 2023 worldwide.
Graze Counter GM will be available on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam. Additionally, the game supports Japanese, English, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese language options.
Here’s an overview of the game from the official store pages via Gematsu:
Blast enemies and ride the razor’s edge of life and death in this renewal of this essential risky play style encouraging top-down shooter!
Turn danger around on itself by “grazing” past enemy bullets to charge your deadly “Graze Counter” in this high-risk high-reward arcade style shooting game.
It is the 23rd century.
EDEN, a grand virtual reality network that has allowed humankind to flourish, suddenly severed all its connections with the outside world… Leaving the minds of its 100 million users trapped inside.
A covert special task force known as “Saviours” has been called in to address this urgent situation. Their plan is to use attack programs modeled after fighter jets to delve into the deepest cores of EDEN and find who or what has run amok.
There’s no telling what they may discover within the troubled spaces of this human created universe…
- Uzuki Ginyose – Male pilot of the [APRIL DIVIDER] attack program. He may look like a girl, but he’s dressed that way for specific combat reasons. Plus he doesn’t really mind how it feels either…
- Satsuki Furuyama – Pilots the [FREEDOM DANCER] attack program. Male turned into a female as the result of an ill-fated human experiment. Uzuki’s best friend who always has his back.
- Hayate Katori – Pilot of the Special Bit-equipped [REVOLGEAR] program. A world renowned genius programmer in real life with a strong connection to EDEN.
- Kiriko Kirisame – Pilot of the [KIRISAME BLADE] program and master of short range firepower. Yandere girl who is secretly in love with Uzuki.
- Striae – The Mysterious entity that has taken control of the virtual world [EDEN]. Who or what she is remains to be discovered…
A top-down scrolling 2D shooting game where you charge your gauge by getting dangerously close to enemy fire, then unleash it as a powerful enemy obliterating “Graze Counter”!
Each ship has a “Counter Gauge” that charges by being in close proximity to enemy bullets. You then use this charge to unleash powerful attacks. Destroying enemies with these special attacks gives you stars which are collected and used to build the “Break Gauge.” Once the break gauge reaches MAX, you can activate “Break Mode” for a temporary yet intense firepower boost!
Test the limits of your destructive power with these highly deadly counter techniques!
- Seven total stages consisting of five stages plus two alternate stages. Including a continuous “All Stages” mode.
- Four difficulty levels.
- Four unique story modes featuring fun interactions between the game’s variety of characters.
- Upgraded graphics and additional illustrations not in the original game.
- Flexible input system that supports any combination of mouse and Keyboard or gamepad.
- Two default ship types plus 14 unlockable types totaling 16 to choose from!
- Including popular shoot ’em up game loving Vtubers Hatsuki Hachimiya and Tomoko Machinery as playable guest ships! As well as two more playable guest ships from two other (soon to be released) Henteko Doujin published titles GRAND CROSS: ReNOVATION and Blue Sabers: Early Mission!
- Boss rush mode featuring all bosses, and a bonus extreme difficulty stage.
- 30-part mission mode that teaches you the tips and tricks of the game as you play.
- Archive Mode where you can view illustrations and game world lore that unlocks as you progress through the game.
- Features a remastered version of the original game’s highly rated soundtrack including a brand new song!
- Includes the bizarre bonus mini game Laser Maidens 2.
Lastly, check out the new trailer below: