Dragon Quest Builders is a fantastic fusion of crafting games and traditional JRPGs. There is a ton of content to tackle in this 40+ hour game, including many trials and tribulations that the player must face. One of the extra things players can do in order to gain some rewards and a sense of gratification is the Chapter Challenges. What are these and how do you do them? Read our Dragon Quest Builders Chapter 2 Challenges Guide to help you attain the status of ‘Legendary Builder’!
What are Chapter Challenges?
First off, you can’t really view these challenges until after you beat a chapter. Doesn’t stop you from completing them beforehand, though! Many of these challenges involve doing things you would normally do, such as gathering items and improving your base. However, there are some extra things like completing quests given to you and some hidden side content. What these challenges do is that upon completion, they allow you to build more things in Terra Incognita by unlocking new recipes for you. This makes that extra mode much more fulfilling to play with a bevy of new options. Not to mention that completing these challenges is just downright satisfying!
Dragon Quest Builders Chapter 2 Challenges
Use the above map to aid you in accomplishing these objectives and more!
- Collect 200 different types of items.
- Build your base to level 5.
- Repair the ruined roof.
- Obtain the crown goowels.
- Complete all of Thalamus’s puzzles.
Repairing the Ruined Roof:
- Go to the ruined manor in the mountains in the Prickly Wilds. Place the provided roof tiles where they should go.
- In order to nab some crown goowels, you must first fish up a King Slime in the slime-shaped pond in the jungle south of the Ancient Palace. Defeat it to reap your reward.
- Swamps of Sickness – Southwestern part of the island. There are two rooms side-by-side, with one being incomplete. Make it match the completed room.
- Prickly Wilds – North of the ruined manor. Plant a palm seedling in the marked earth block.
- Ancient Palace – Swamp behind the mountains east of the Ancient Palace. You must change the clock’s hour from 9 to 3.
- Holy Sanctum – Southwestern side of the island. Place the blocks obtained as rewards from the previous puzzles in their respective spots.
Need help with some of the challenges of other chapters? Use our other guides!