SEGA revealed multiple new updates for Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis are on the way for April 2023. One of the major updates includes the highly anticipated arrival of the Slayer class, while another update introduces chapter five of the main story for Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis.
April 5 Update
Manon’s whereabouts are unknown in Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis, and its up to the player and Aina to find her. The April 5 update for Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis brings players to the floating island of Leciel to discover the secrets of Halpha and find Manon. This new update also introduces a variety of improvements and features into Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis.
Starting April 5, daily and weekly task rewards are greatly improved. Moreover, new quality-of-life improvements will be introduced including extended storage, Mission Pass Storage, adjustable fixed camera zoom, a new Exchange Shop category, and much more. Additionally, Potential Lv.5 unlocks for 7-star and 8-star weapons will be available.
The Slayer class finally comes to Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis on April 12. This new ranged class uses the new Gunblade weapon category and specializes in weaving together a variety of Actions for quick sequences of attacks. In addition, players can switch between Photon Arts abilities with the directional inputs, enabling a wide array of Actions and making it easy to use the right ability in any situation. Certain Class Skills activate a boost to Critical Hit Rate or a bonus when a Critical Hit is landed, and players still activate these effects when Slayer is set as a Sub-Class.
Before the April 12 update arrives, players may earn new Gunblade weapons by participating receive in-game drops and completing tasks starting April 5. These weapons may not be equipped until the April 12 update is live, however. Gunblade instructor Slaine and the Exchange Shop: Slayer Operation Prep Ticket Exchange will also be available on April 5 and onward.
April 19 Update: 2nd Anniversary
The second anniversary celebrations for Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis begin on April 19. A variety of celebratory events will be introduced featuring limited-time taks and special rewards.
Here’s an overview of what’s to come via SEGA:
- Central City, the open field, and Region Mags will all be “phabulously” decorated!
- Award-winning DOLLS Rappy flaps onto the scene! AvaikaofStarFox’s design won the Excellence Award in the Rappy Design Contest!
- The navigator for this event is Xiemi, who will be wearing the winning design from the PSO2 10th Anniversary Item Design Contest. Enemies have been getting stronger lately and she needs your help to strengthen our forces.
- New items in the Seasonal Points Exchange Shop.
- New 8-star Revita Series weapons that have the effect of recovering HP and come with the Augment Dark Exploit II.
- A new Augment Sezun Segundanifiv to become even more powerful!
- Peppy Rappy needs your help in the Happy Rappy Rumble limited-time Urgent Quest! The quest will be to defeat 300 enemies attracted by the experiment, and at the end of the quest, the event’s exclusive boss enemy, Resplendent Ams, will appear. Resplendent Ams may drop accessories that bare a resemblance to it.
Catch up on the latest edition of NGS Headline below:
Lastly, Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis is available now for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S worldwide.