Nintendo and Illumination Pictures released a new commercial for The Super Mario Bros. Movie revealing the appearance of Cat Mario.
Mario transforms into Cat Mario by collecting a Super Bell in Super Mario 3D World. The fan-favorite power up would return in Super Mario Maker 2, where players may create levels using assets from Super Mario 3D World. Further, the Cat Mario power up would appear in the Mario Kart Tour mobile game and the upcoming The Super Mario Bros. Movie.
Mario is voiced by Chris Pratt in The Super Mario Bros. Movie, and he will don his Cat Mario powered up form when battling a former rival. Additionally, the new commercial also depicts Donkey Kong, who is voiced by Seth Rogen, with voiced lines for the first time.
Chris Pratt and Seth Rogen are joined by Anya Taylor-Joy as Peach, Charlie Day as Luigi, Jack Black as Bowser, Keegan-Michael Key as Toad, Fred Armisen as Cranky Kong, Kevin Michael Richardson as Kamek, and Sebastian Maniscalco as Spike. Moreover, iconic Mario voice actor Charles Martinet will also make surprise cameos in the upcoming film.
Check out the new commercial for The Super Mario Bros. Movie below via Illumination Pictures:
— The Super Mario Bros. Movie (@supermariomovie) January 29, 2023
The Super Mario Bros. Movie premieres on April 7, 2023 across theaters in the U.S.
In the meantime, visit Final Weapon’s extensive coverage of Japanese titles:
- AI: The Somnium Files – nirvanA Initiative Review
- Monark Review
- The Caligula Effect 2 Review
- Persona 3 Portable Review
- Persona 4 Golden Review
- Persona 5 Royal for Nintendo Switch Review
- Soul Hackers 2 Review
- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion Review
- Witch on the Holy Night Review
- Chaos;Head Noah / Chaos;Child Double Pack Review
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III Review
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV Review
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero Review
- Ys IX: Monstrum Nox Review