Vertical-scrolling shoot ’em up Castle of Shikigami 2 releases April 13, 2023 for Nintendo Switch according to recently launched retail listings in Japan. In addition, a physical edition will be sold in Japan.
The Castle of Shikigami 2 physical edition costs 3,980 yen for Nintendo Switch according to Japanese retailers Amazon Japan, Yodobashi, and Joshin. A PC (Steam) version is available now with the new features included in the Switch version.
Here’s an overview of the game via Steam:
In 2006, a “twisted castle” suddenly appeared in the sky above Tokyo. A variety of stories unfold around the god-hunting armaments housed in this gigantic castle. The second installment of the dramatic shooter that gained popularity in the arcades is now coming to Steam with +α elements!
Players choose one of seven (+1?) characters, each with different unique abilities, and use their shots, special Shikigami attack, and bombs to destroy the enemy. The unique backgrounds of each character are intricately intertwined, creating an interesting storyline for the shooter.
In between of total 5 stages, different demos (stories) will be played for each character, and when playing with two players, a completely different story unfolds depending on the combination of characters used, all of which are fully voiced (in Japanese).
New Entry Mode
Revamped enemy placement in all stages, lots of changes that will surprise even the most experienced!
Brand New Translation
We know everyone is waiting for this!
Dramatic Change Mode
Operates with 1P switching between characters, and you get the same demo as when there’s 2P!
- Enjoy the storyline with the different personalities of each of the seven (+1?) main characters!
- Fight using three types of attack methods: normal attack, shikigami attack, and special attack
- 5 stages in 3 parts (each stage x 3 parts + a boss in each part)
- Aim for a high score with the TBS (Tension Bonus System), which allows players to earn high scores by getting close to enemies or enemy bullets.
- Two player simultaneous play (local only)
- Plenty of Steam achievements and trading cards available