Developer The Behemoth has revealed new details on their upcoming reimagining of the side scrolling shoot-em-up Alien Hominid, called Alien Hominid Invasion.
The Behemoth had this to say about it straight from their website:
”Alien Hominid Invasion is a co-op run ‘n’ gun packed with chaos, mayhem, and a whole lot of explosions. Unlock and equip an arsenal of weapons and boosts, level up, then beam down to invade Earth with up to three other friends. Abduct intel from your enemies to sabotage their plans, observe the oddities of human life, blow up bosses, and mutate into a variety of powerful Alien forms in order to take down the not-so-secret Agents that are dead set on ruining your day.
During the invasion, you’ll determine your own gameplay path with a non-linear level experience and overrun the Agents in sectors built from hundreds of hand-crafted city blocks. Take over by mastering Alien acrobatics including flipping, diving, tossing your enemies, and more, then utilize your mutations to experiment with new mechanics like super speed, healing, and flight!
In co-op, each player can also choose their own challenge by picking their individual difficulty level: Friendly, Normal, or the infamous INSANE mode!
When development is complete, Alien Hominid Invasion is planned to launch on Steam (PC), Nintendo Switch®, and Xbox.”
Gematsu also had this to say:
- Up to four-player local and online co-op.
- Determine your own gameplay path with a non-linear level experience.
- Invade randomly-assembled neighborhoods built from hundreds of hand-crafted city blocks.
- Master movement with Alien acrobatics including flipping, diving, tossing your enemies, and more.
- Unlock and equip tons of unique weapons, boosts, and cosmetics.
- Level up and mutate your Alien to utilize new mechanics like super speed, healing, and flight!
- Three difficulty levels: Friendly, Normal, and INSANE.