Skunkape Games announced Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse Remastered has been delayed to spring 2024. The game will be launching on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam for $19.99.
Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse Remastered was announced almost exactly one year ago in December 2022. The game was originally planned for a release in 2023, but it appears that Skunkape Games needs more time to develop and polish the game.
Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse Remastered Delayed
Although Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse Remastered has been delayed, fans can win some prizes by entering the “Oops, We Missed Halloween So Let’s Do a Holiday Contest Instead” contest. To enter, fans can send a picture or video of their handmade Sam & Max-themed Christmas gift for Steve Purcell to [email protected] by December 17 at 11:59pm PST. Entries received by Skunkape Games will be judged by the studio and Steve Purcell himself.
Here’s an overview of the upcoming remaster, via Steam:
An ancient, terrible power lies waiting…
Max has always been the more unhinged member of the Freelance Police—a lovable lunatic with a knack for spreading chaos wherever he goes. But recently his abilities have taken a supernatural turn.
It all started when he stumbled upon a mysterious toy that allows him to glimpse the future. Now Sam & Max have aroused the attention of a host of villains from across the galaxy who are hellbent on acquiring the magical Toys of Power to achieve their own ends.
As those who seek the Devil’s Toybox close in and Max’s psychic abilities grow beyond his control, the Freelance Police will come up against their most frightening adversary yet: the power of Max’s mind.
- A bizarre paranormal adventure: Explore odd locales, meet eccentric characters, and solve brain-tickling puzzles in an interactive story with a surprise around every corner.
- Rabbity-thing mind meld: Jump into Max’s brain and use the Toys of Power to see the future, teleport, read minds, and other tricks.
- No walkthrough required: The game detects when you’re stuck and provides subtle hints.
- Beautifully remastered: Lighting, lip-sync, cinematography, music, and more have been updated and enhanced to bring Telltale’s 2010 episodic season up to modern standards.
- Last in a trilogy: See the episodic Sam & Max series through to its epic conclusion.