Deck13 and Matthias Linda have launched the version 1.2 update for Chained Echoes on Steam featuring the long-awaited New Game+ mode. The Chained Echoes update will come to consoles, including Nintendo Switch, in roughly a week or two according to Matthias Linda.
As the name suggests, New Game+ is unlocked after completing Chained Echoes for the first time. A clear save file is required to start New Game+. Moreover, the Chained Echoes version 1.2 update adds additional features, including a new way to obtain crystals alongside crystal gather chains.
Patch notes for the latest Chained Echoes update are available below via the official Steam page:
Chained Echoes Version 1.2 Update
- Added: New Game + option in the start menu when cleared save file is present
- Added: New way of obtaining crystals *
- Added: Crystal gather chains **
- Added: Option to lower running speed
- Added: More Stat Boosts and Passive Skills for Kylian for NG+
- Changed: Removing crystals from equipment yields the proper former crystal ***
- Changed: Selling equipment auto-removes the crystal
- Changed: Lowered chance of getting big crystals
- Changed: Crystals with a purity of 0 can’t drop
- Changed: Smoother crafting menu navigation
- Changed: A few enemy stats
- Changed: Lowered bonus from agility passive and class emblem bonus
- Changed: Double Steps & Drunken Master don’t stack.
- Fixed: bug regarding the Shaved Head boss
- Fixed: other minor bugs and collision errors
* When interacting with a crystal source the player now gets a choice of three crystals for every drop. The player can choose one or none. Choosing none gives the player arc depending on their game’s progress. This gives the player more control over which crystals he wants and which he considers useless for his builds. Also, this makes the inventory less cluttered. This whole system can be turned off in the options.
** If the player chooses a crystal a chain starts. The more crystals of the same property are gathered the more likely they will drop. Choosing a crystal with a different property will restart the chain. Choosing none will continue the chain. This makes hunting for certain crystals a lot easier. When a crystal drop is boosted through a chain it is marked as “Boost”
***This only applies to crystals inserted in version 1.2 or higher.
Lastly, Chained Echoes is available now for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam