SEGA announced mobile RPG 404 GAME RE:SET launches April 25 for Android via Google Play and iOS via App Store in Japan and Asia. A prequel story will be available one week prior to launch to prepare fans for the full game.
In 404 GAME RE:SET, prolific SEGA franchises have been warped into powerful girls (character designs by Yuugen) to fight against SEGA itself. These SEGA girls include Out Run, After Burner, Virtua Fighter, and Virtua Cop. Yoko Taro serves as creative director, bringing the stories of these girls to life in the new mobile RPG.
404 GAME RE:SET Prologue launches on April 17, allowing players to experience a prequel story before the game’s full launch. From the perspective of a researcher, the Prologue story introduces players to the world, cast, and battle elements of 404 GAME RE:SET. Alongside the announcement of 404 GAME RE:SET Prologue, SEGA reveals various collaborations and new characters that will featured in the full release.
The latest round of character reveals may be found below via Gematsu:
404 GAME RE:SET Characters
- Altered Beast (voiced by Akira Sekine)
- Columns (voiced by Hitomi Ueda)
- Crazy Taxi (voiced by Mariya Ise)
- Dynamite Cop (voiced by Misaki Watada)
- Fighting Vipers (voiced by Kaede Hondo)
- Golden Axe (voiced by Yume Miyamoto)
- Hang-On (voiced by Natsumi Fujiwara)
- The House of the Dead (voiced by Miku Itou)
- Pengo (voiced by Ari Ozawa)
- Space Harirer (voiced by Yumiri Hanamori)
- Thunder Blade (voiced by Mikako Komatsu)
- Dig Dug (voiced by Rie Takahashi)
- Mappy (voiced by Yui Ogura)
- Xevious (voiced by MAO)
- Arkanoid (voiced by Minami Tanaka)
- Darius (voiced by Reina Ueda)
- Kiki Kaikai (voiced by Atsumi Tanezaki)
Pre-Launch Live Stream
Lastly, 404 GAME RE:SET launches April 25 for Android and iOS in Japan and Asia, and an English release has not been announced.