Chucklefish and Robotality announced strategy RPG Wargroove 2 for Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam. A release date for Wargroove 2 has not been announced, but the developers shared tons of new details about the upcoming Wargroove sequel.
“We’re thrilled to be back partnering with Chucklefish to bring the next iteration of the Wargroove series,” said Simon Bachmann, art director at Robotality. “It’s been a pleasure taking Wargroove to the next level, in a way which feels fresh and exciting for strategy fans, whilst still being true to a community who are passionate about this world and its characters. All of us at Robotality have had a great time developing the next chapter in the Wargroove universe, and we hope fans will have as much fun playing, as we have creating.”
Here’s an overview of the new title via Chucklefish:
About Wargroove 2
Trouble stirs on the shores of Aurania. An ambitious new faction has unearthed forbidden relics capable of catastrophic consequences. But how far will they go to achieve glory? Take to the field, sea, and sky with a cast of new Commanders, using your wits to wage turn-based war!
- An all-new Wargroove adventure for new recruits and veteran wardogs alike!
- Return to the frontline with new Commanders, as mysterious new factions join the fight
- Commanders are more powerful than ever, with an all-new tiered Groove system
- Follow 3 new Campaign arcs, interwoven in a fierce conclusion
- Battle with or against your friends in Co-Op & Multiplayer mode, locally or online for up to 4 players
- Put your strategic abilities to the test with a new roguelike mode – Conquest!
- Develop new tactics with 5 new unit types to master
- Level-up ordinary units by picking up special items
- Get more creative than ever with new & improved map, campaign & cutscene editors
- Captivating soundtrack written by composer Dale North (Nintendo eShop, Disney Wish park and cruise experience, River City Girls 1 & 2, RWBY Arrowfell)