Square Enix announced strategy RPG Triangle Strategy surpassed one million copies sold across Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam.
The latest sales milestone for Triangle Strategy includes physical shipments and digital copies sold worldwide. Roughly 200,000 copies were sold since March 18, 2022. The PC version launched on October 13.
— トライアングルストラテジー公式 (@TRST_PR) December 21, 2022
Here’s an overview of Triangle Strategy via Square Enix:
Triangle Strategy takes place on the continent of Norzelia, where players will determine the fate of three powerful kingdoms embroiled in conflict, Glenbrook, Aesfrost, and Hyzante. Set 30 years after the “Saltiron War,” players will guide protagonist Serenoa Wolffort and his faithful companions, childhood friend Prince Roland, fiancée Princess Frederica Aesfrost, and the steward of House Wolffort Benedict, as they attempt to navigate their way through this new conflict.
Triangle Strategy offers a complex, tactical battle system that utilizes a lush, interactive RPG environment. Players will have the ability to:
- Choose from three different philosophies, utility, morality or liberty, to help shape the story
- Select from a variety of characters to create their own unique battle team
- Utilize unique attributes, set movement per range offered by each character, as well as use special attacks and skills that consume a limited but rechargeable pool of Tactical Points per character
- Level up characters by using them in battle to increase their attributes and to unlock new special attacks and skills
- Upgrade individual attributes and characters classes, making them more effective in combat