Square Enix announced the Octopath Traveler II demo is available now for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 with the opening hours of the full game.
According to Square Enix, the Steam version of the Octopath Traveler II demo launches on February 9. The Octopath Traveler II demo features roughly three hours of gameplay with all eight protagonists. Additionally, save data from the demo transfers to the full game.
Here’s an overview of Octopath Traveler II via Square Enix:
About Octopath Traveler II
In Octopath Traveler II, players will embark on an exciting journey through the brand-new world of Solistia. Developed by the same team behind the beloved original, which has sold over three million copies worldwide, this installment improves upon the series’ iconic HD-2D visuals: a striking blend of retro 2D characters in a beautiful 3D world.
The game’s new storyline, characters and features make it the perfect entry for newcomers to the series, while also preserving the charm of the original game for veteran players. Players can look forward to following the journey of eight distinct protagonists as they explore the land and conquer enemies in strategic turn-based battles on an adventure all their own.
- Break & Boost Battle System – Players must act strategically to exploit enemy weaknesses to “Break” them to inflict more damage, and “Boost” their travelers to enhance their abilities.
- Path Actions – Players can interact with NPCs throughout the world in various ways by using actions unique to each character, such as challenging people as the Warrior or stealing belongings as the Thief. Path Actions will vary depending on the protagonist and whether it is day or night.
- Brand-New Story and Characters – Players can embark on a grand adventure in the new land of Solistia and experience the intertwined stories of eight new travelers: Hikari (Warrior), Agnea (Dancer), Partitio (Merchant), Osvald (Scholar), Throné (Thief), Temenos (Cleric), Ochette (Hunter), and Castti (Apothecary).
- Day/Night Cycle – The townscapes and Path Actions available to each character will change depending on if it is night or day, creating more opportunities for exploration and discovery.
- Latent Power – A new battle element in which characters can unleash a powerful ability once the ability’s gauge fills up during combat.
- Crossed Paths – Additional stories will unfold between the protagonists as their journey progresses, further intertwining their narratives.
Lastly, Octopath Traveler II launches February 24 for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC via Steam.