Spiral Up Games and The Swordsman Studio announced Wuxia-style RPG Wandering Sword receives a demo on February 6 as part of Steam Next Fest. Additionally, a brand-new trailer was unveiled for the demo.
According to Spiral Up Games, the Wandering Sword demo will be available until February 28 on Steam. Players can expect more new details about Wandering Sword once the demo playtest period concludes.
“Wandering Sword is a shining example of the kind of high quality indie games Spiral Up wants to represent and put on the world stage as a game publisher,” Spiral Up Games CEO Aldric Chang said. “It showcases ancient locations, rich history, acts of heroism and cool martial arts. We love it and we are sure that fans of RPGs will love it too!”
Here’s an overview of Wandering Sword via Spiral Up Games:
About Wandering Sword
As a young pugilist, gamers traverse across ancient China to escape enemies. They will meet new acquaintances and forge new friendships. They will go on quests to help the weak and resolve misunderstandings, while strengthening their skills as a martial artist to eventually leave their mark on China’s Wuxia history.
- Traverse ancient China painted in beautiful pixel art – The game is developed in Unreal Engine and uses beautiful pixel art to showcase an open world with bustling ancient Chinese towns, scenic mountains, picturesque rivers, dangerous lairs, treacherous terrains and more.
- A vast library of martial arts moves and weapons – As you explore the lands, you will discover hundreds of martial arts forms and weapons to master and wield. You will learn how to cultivate your energy through meridian points and become an expert of both the external and internal forms to gain true mastery of martial prowess.
- Innovative combat system – Combat is conducted on a tiled board and a unique point is that it allows gamers to switch between turn-based mode or real-time mode during combat. The turn-based mode will suit gamers who prefer the traditional way of playing slower paced RPGs while the real-time mode will appeal to players who like to think on their feet and dish out attacks as quickly as their fingers can move.
- Make friends and recruit fellow swordsmen – In Wandering Sword, you can build relationships with NPCs and recruit some of them to join your adventures. Make friends or maybe even find love!
- Realistic NPCs – The NPCs in Wandering Sword are programmed to simulate how actual people would behave in real life. As you traverse the pugilistic world and revisit friends and acquaintances, you will notice that they have been keeping themselves busy too with their own adventures and martial arts practice instead of idling around!
Wandering Sword Demo Trailer
Lastly, Wandering Sword launches in 2023 for PC via Steam.