During a recent live stream, Bandai Namco confirmed the Blue Protocol network test will be held in March 2023. Previously, the company announced the network test would be delayed from its original January 14 release date.
The development team is investigating issues surrounding the current build of Blue Protocol according to Bandai Namco. As a result, the Blue Protocol network test was delayed, but the team has since discovered the cause of the issues. Further, the development team will be able to fix bugs and remedy the situation.
Blue Protocol’s use of an network resource auto-scaling system led to problems within the game logic itself. Additionally, these issues would affect parties, chat messages, and the ability to play with other players over a network. Moreover, adjustments and fixes to the auto-scaling system are being made to facilitate a smooth online experience.
Bandai Namco apologizes for being unable to give a specific schedule for the network test. Fortunately, more information about Blue Protocol is coming in late February 2023. Bandai Namco plans to share more information about the network test before players dive in this March (Thanks, Siliconera).
Blue Protocol releases in spring 2023 for PC in Japan. Lastly, the worldwide release is slated for 2023 across PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S.
Visit Final Weapon’s extensive coverage of JRPGs and visual novels:
- Monark Review
- The Caligula Effect 2 Review
- Persona 3 Portable Review
- Persona 4 Golden Review
- Persona 5 Royal for Nintendo Switch Review
- Soul Hackers 2 Review
- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion Review
- Witch on the Holy Night Review
- Chaos;Head Noah / Chaos;Child Review
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III Review
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV Review
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero Review
- Ys IX: Monstrum Nox Review