NIS America announced The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie launches July 7, 2023 for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC via Steam in the west. The game launches July 14 in Australia and New Zealand.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie supports VR in the PC and PlayStation 4 versions. Additionally, players may earn in-game bonuses by having save data from prior entries in the series such as The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure and The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV. The PlayStation 5 version does not support save data transfers from previous games, however. Instead, the bonuses are available by default in the PlayStation 5 version.
Here’s an overview of the game via NIS America:
Where one trail ends, another begins…
The intertwining fates of three figures in Zemuria will be decided in this climactic chapter of The Legend of Heroes series! Follow the footsteps of the war hero Rean Schwarzer, the liberator Lloyd Bannings, and the masked enigma “C”, and switch between each of their paths freely with the Crossroads system.
- Lloyd Bannings, leader of the Crossbell Police Department’s Special Support Section, finds himself fighting for his city’s freedom once again after Crossbell’s independence celebrations are interrupted by the sudden reappearance of an old threat.
- Following the events of the Great Twilight, Erebonian hero Rean Schwarzer and his students return to life at the branch campus. However, this fleeting peace is disturbed by the emergence of a new threat.
- When the former governor general of Crossbell suddenly returns and lays claim to the city state, four figures carry out a secret mission to investigate his actions. Their leader is “C,” a masked individual who seems to be using the same codename as the leader of the Imperial Liberation Front. But to what end?
- A Trio of Trails: Experience three different story arcs and switch between them any time with the Crossroads system. Plus, discover side episodes to fully flesh out the characters and world of Zemuria.
- Reverie into Reality: Enter the True Reverie Corridor, which allows you to encounter and recruit new characters from across Zemuria, enter randomly generated dungeons to test your mettle, and play a variety of mini games.
- Paragons of Combat: Utilize Arts, Brave Orders, and cunning tactics to prevail in battle. Master the new United Front system and harness the power of your entire team to decimate enemies while empowering yourself.
Lastly, read up on Final Weapon’s extensive coverage of the latest Falcom titles below:
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III Review
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV Review
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero Review
- Ys IX: Monstrum Nox Review
The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie is available now in Japan as The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki.