Google announced the winners for Google Play Awards 2022, and HoYoverse’s Genshin Impact wins the Best Ongoing Game award.
Best Ongoing is a new category for Google Play Awards, which means Genshin Impact is the inaugural title to win the award. Honorable mentions for the award include Candy Crush Saga, Garena Free Fire, Pokémon GO, and Roblox.
Genshin Impact is also nominated for Best Ongoing Game at The Game Awards 2022 alongside Destiny 2, Apex Legends, Fortnite, and Final Fantasy XIV. Moreover, Genshin Impact is nominated for the Best Mobile Game Award.
The full list of Google Play Awards 2022 winners are available below via Siliconera:
- Best Overall Game: Apex Legends Mobile
- User’s Choice: Apex Legends Mobile
- Best Multiplayer: Dislyte
- Best Pick Up & Play: Angry Birds Journey
- Best Indies: Dicey Dungeons
- Best Story (new category): Papers, Please
- Best Ongoing (new category): Genshin Impact
- Best on Play Pass: Very Little Nightmares
- Best for Tablets: Tower of Fantasy
- Best for Chromebooks (new category): Roblox
The next major update for Genshin Impact, version 3.3, launches on December 7. Genshin Impact is available now for Android, iOS, PC, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5. Lastly, a Nintendo Switch version is currently in development at HoYoverse.