More

    Genda to rebrand all SEGA arcades in Japan to GiGO arcades

    Genda SEGA Entertainment acquired 100% of SEGA’s shares in the arcade business and have been renamed to Genda GiGO Entertainment. As a result, SEGA arcade centers across Japan will be rebranded to GiGO arcades. The first few to undergo the rebrand include the iconic arcades in Ikebukuro, Akihabara and Shinjuku. In 2020, Genda purchased 85% of the shares and retained the SEGA name until the other 15% was purchased. This marks the end of an era for SEGA’s 56 years in the arcade business and Genda thanks SEGA for their contributions throughout the decades.

    Stay tuned at Final Weapon for the latest Japanese gaming news and updates!

    Patreon
    Support us over on Patreon!
    Soul Kiwami
    Soul Kiwami
    Raul Ochoa, a.k.a. Soul Kiwami, is the Deputy Editor in Chief of Final Weapon and a News Writer at Game Rant. With a passion for the Japanese gaming industry, Raul is a huge fan of Nintendo Switch, PC hardware, JRPGs and fighting/action games. business email: soul@finalweapon.net

    Latest articles

    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R DLC character Rudol von Stroheim launches February 3 https://finalweapon.net/2023/01/29/jojos-bizarre-adventure-all-star-battle-r-dlc-character-rudol-von-stroheim-launches-february-3/

    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R version 1.5 update is available now https://finalweapon.net/2023/01/29/jojos-bizarre-adventure-all-star-battle-r-version-1-5-update-available-now/

    Street Fighter 6 to feature Thea Trinidad (WWE superstar Zelina Vega) as a real-time commentator https://finalweapon.net/2023/01/28/street-fighter-6-to-feature-wwe-superstar-zelina-vega-as-a-real-time-commentator/

    The Super Mario Bros. Movie commercial reveals Cat Mario, first look at Seth Rogen as Donkey Kong https://finalweapon.net/2023/01/29/the-super-mario-bros-movie-commercial-reveals-cat-mario/

    Load More

    Related articles