Publisher XSEED Games has announced that Rune Factory 4 Special will launch in North America on February 25th. The European publisher, Marvelous Europe, has announced that the game will launch in the European region on February 28th. You can read all about the game below, straight from XSEED Games’ announcement earlier today.
Rune Factory 4 Special is a remastered version of the critically acclaimed RPG simulation title that has sold over 300,000 copies in North America and Europe since launching on Nintendo 3DS in 2013. The updated Switch version adds brand new content such as ‘Newlywed Mode,’ self-contained adventures unlocked after marrying the character of your dreams. For the first time, the game also fully supports both Japanese and English audio. To commemorate the definitive version of this beloved title, the beautifully crafted ‘Archival Edition’ includes an art book collecting character designer Minako Iwasaki’s work on the entire Rune Factory series, as well as new illustrations for the premium box and art book cover by the artist. ‘Archival Edition’ full contents include:
- Physical copy of Rune Factory 4 Special for Nintendo Switch
- 160-page art book measuring 5.8” x 8.2” featuring the works of Minako Iwasaki from Rune Factory 1 through 4, Rune Factory: Frontier, and Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny, as well as promotional and comic art contributed by other artists
- Official soundtrack CD consisting of 33 tracks from the original release, plus 3 new tracks unique to Rune Factory 4 Special
- ‘Swimsuit Day’ DLC, a special in-game Order that will have all marriage candidates appear in their swimsuits
- Premium custom box with an original illustration by Minako Iwasaki