Studio Ghibli has revealed a new trailer for the upcoming English dub for their latest movie, The Boy and the Heron. The movie will premiere in theaters on December 8.
The Boy and the Heron is Hayao Miyazaki’s first film in roughly 10 years, and the iconic composer Joe Hisaishi returned to score the film’s soundtrack for his long-time friend. This is one of Miyazaki’s highest-grossing films ever in Japan with nearly 8 billion yen. This holiday season, fans in the West will finally be able to watch the film for the first time. Last month, Ghibli revealed the English cast for the film. The new trailer provides a closer look at their performances in the movie.
The Boy and the Heron English Dub Trailer
Earlier today, Studio Ghibli and GKIDS released the official trailer for the English dub of The Boy and the Heron. The movie will premiere in theaters on December 8. Check out the trailer below:
According to Variety, the English cast of The Boy and the Heron includes:
- Christian Bale (Batman Begins, The Prestige, Ford v Ferrari) as Shoichi Maki
- Dave Bautista (Guardians of the Galaxy, Blade Runner 2049, Glass Onion) as The Parakeet King
- Gemma Chan (Eternals, Crazy Rich Asians) as Natsuko
- Willem Dafoe (The Lighthouse, Spider-Man, Aquaman, John Wick) as Noble Pelican
- Karen Fukuhara (The Boys, Suicide Squad, Bullet Train) as Lady Himi
- Mark Hamill (The Fall of the House of Usher, Star Wars, Batman: The Animated Series) as Granduncle
- Robert Pattinson (The Batman, The Lighthouse, Twilight) as The Gray Heron
- Florence Pugh (Oppenheimer, Midsommar, Black Widow) as Kiriko
Here’s an overview of the upcoming film, courtesy of GKIDS Films:
A young boy named Mahito
yearning for his mother
ventures into a world shared by the living and the dead.
There, death comes to an end,
and life finds a new beginning.
A semi-autobiographical fantasy about life, death, and creation, in tribute to friendship, from the mind of Hayao Miyazaki.
Lastly, The Boy and the Heron will come to Western theaters in English on December 8.