Square Enix released brand-new artwork for Bravely Second: End Layer to celebrate the game’s 8th anniversary since launch. Bravely Second: End Layer is the direct sequel to the original Bravely Default with returning characters.
Bravely Second: End Layer first released on April 23, 2015 for Nintendo 3DS in Japan as the direct sequel to Bravely Default. The game would feature several returning characters in a story that wraps up the original Bravely Default saga in a duology. At the time, the sequel received mixed reception and a lower overall review aggregate score when compared to its predecessor. However, the game would ultimately lead the way to Bravely Default II, the latest game in the long-running RPG series.
To commemorate the 8th anniversary of Bravely Second: End Layer, Square Enix released new artwork by illustrator Naoki Ikushima. Fans may be familiar with Ikushima’s artwork in the Bravely Default series, Octopath Traveler series, LIVE A LIVE, and Triangle Strategy. Additionally, fans may look forward to the upcoming release of LIVE A LIVE for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC via Steam.
Check out the new artwork by Naoki Ikushima below via Square Enix:
Lastly, Bravely Default II is available now for Nintendo Switch and Steam. The latest entry in the Bravely Default series has sold over one million copies sold worldwide.
Visit Final Weapon’s 2023 Review Coverage:
- Resident Evil 4 Review
- Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster Series Review
- Forza Horizon 5: Rally Adventure Review
- Mega Man Battle Network: Legacy Collection Review
- GrimGrimoire OnceMore Review
- Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon Review
- Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key Review
- ONI: Road to be the Mightiest Oni Review
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure Review
- Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Review
- Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line Review
- Like a Dragon: Ishin! Review
- One Piece Odyssey Review
- Persona 3 Portable Review
- Persona 4 Golden Review
- Fire Emblem Engage Review