Natsume revealed a first look into Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos, the next installment in the long-running Harvest Moon farming sim series. New details, features, and screenshots have been revealed for the first time as the game approaches its launch later this year.
In Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos, players explore five unique towns with their own seasons, terrain, and villagers. The world of Anthos is vast, and players will discover lore regarding the Harvest Goddess and the region’s people. Many of the Harvest Moon series’ tried-and-true features return such as raising livestock and pets, nurturing relationships with bachelors and bachelorettes, and cooking.
“The 25th anniversary of Harvest Moon would not be complete without Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos,” said Hiro Maekawa, President and CEO of Natsume Inc. “This new installment is the culmination of over 30 games! Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos includes beloved characters, like the Harvest Sprites and Harvest Goddess, and familiar goals like farming and caring for animals but also takes the player in new directions as they explore a new world. Every part of this new title has been shaped by our company mission – Make Everyone Happy!”
Here’s an overview of what’s to come in the new title, courtesy of Natsume:
About Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos
The land players will explore is known as Anthos, and is home to the Harvest Sprites, spirits that protect people and nature, as well as the goddess of nature known as the Harvest Goddess. However, about 10 years ago, an unprecedented eruption in Anthos’s volcanic region forced the Harvest Goddess and her Harvest Sprites to use all their powers to protect the people. The people were saved, but the eruption left the villages cut off from each other…
Believing that the separated villages and people would one day be reconnected, the Harvest Goddess sent a bottle into the ocean with a letter and a magic key, then fell into a deep sleep…
- Discover five unique towns with their own seasons, terrain, and villagers! Explore the world of Anthos while searching for Harvest Wisps, wild animals, mines and more!
- Care for livestock such as cows, sheep, chickens, and more, and earn bonuses on your farm for keeping a variety of animals!
- Woo five different bachelors and five different bachelorettes! Marry whoever your heart desires!
- Keep pets such as cats, dogs, parakeets, wolves, and more!
- Doc Jr. is back with a new and improved Expando-Farm that lets you easily move your farm around the land of Anthos!
- Cook multiple dishes in your kitchen at the same time!
Lastly, Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos launches in summer 2023, and platforms have not been announced.