The Special Support Section finally returns in The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure, which directly follows the events of 2022’s The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero. This marks the first official release of The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure in the west, so this guide has everything you need to know including the release date and pricing.
What’s the release date for The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure?
March 14, 2023 is the worldwide release date of The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam. The game’s story picks up after The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero, so we recommend playing it before The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure. The previous title lays the groundwork for what will be addressed in the second half of the Crossbell arc and subsequent Trails games. Then, feel free to check out our reviews of the Trails series below:
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III Review
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV Review
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero Review
How much does The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure cost?
The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure costs $49.99 physically and digitally. Physical copies will be available at major retailers including Amazon, Best Buy, and GameStop. The physical copies is available as The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure Deluxe Edition. Deluxe Edition contents include the physical copy, digital soundtrack, and a mini artbook. The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure Limited Edition is currently out of stock at the NIS America Online Store, but more stock may come.
Lastly, here’s an overview of the upcoming RPG release via NIS America:
A hero’s duty, a city’s fate.
The story of aspiring hero Lloyd Bannings continues in Trails to Azure!
Set just a few months after the events of Trails from Zero, a temporary peace has settled over Crossbell and the Special Support Section find themselves with newfound fame and status, thanks to their heroic actions.
However, the peace is soon broken with the rise of multiple organizations with ulterior motives. Framing these growing tensions is the increasing pressure from the Erebonian Empire and the Republic of Calvard, with Crossbell caught between them. With the safety of their home and the foundations of their team now on the line, Lloyd and his allies must gear themselves for the threats that loom ahead. Little do they know that Crossbell will soon become the stage for a climactic conflict that will determine its future…
- The Fate of the City-State: Play through the finale of the Crossbell arc, a key thread within the Trails universe. What lies ahead for Lloyd Bannings and his ragtag squad of allies?
- Crossbell’s Finest Forces: Experience new combat features introduced by Trails to Azure, including Burst, Master Arts, and even your own customizable car. Also, meet a few familiar faces from the Trails of Cold Steel series!
- Power from the Past: Import save data from Trails from Zero for a tailored story experience, including additional event scenes and entirely new scenes! Also, use your save data from Trails to Azure for bonuses in the upcoming release of Trails into Reverie!