Bandai Namco announced that Tales of Luminaria ends service on July 19th for iOS and Android. The official website and trailers for the game will be taken down that same day. In addition, in-game purchases are disabled starting today.
Bandai Namco states that the company “couldn’t do enough” for Tales of Luminaria and didn’t meet player expectations. Following the announcement, weekly episodes will cease to release. Instead, a large update arrives sometime this month with the delivery of ‘Episode Final’.
The large update, Update 1.6.0, features the following content:
- Episode Final
- LV UP Camp stage renewal
- Memorial Summon for all 21 characters
- New 5* ep.2 costumes and weapons for Vanessa, Gaspard, Amelie, and Lydie
- Players will also receive tickets that can be exchanged for 5* costumes and weapons
- New 3* costume for August from his apple farmer days
- Multiplayer Boss Battle update
- One out of a total of eight Primordial Beasts will appear at random, including Lazui, a new addition to the existing Primordial Beasts.
- Login calendar reward updates
An digital archive is being considered for Tales of Luminaria. The digital archive would feature character illustrations, costumes, designs, in-game soundtrack, and much more to peruse. More details about the archive will be shared at a later date.
Tales of Crestoria, One Piece Bon! Bon! Journey, and PAC-MAN GEO are just a few to end service within the past year. To an extent, it was expected that Tales of Luminaria would meet the same fate as these same titles. Many fans across social media channels voiced their disappointment as Bandai Namco ends yet another mobile game that players could spent money in.
Tales of Luminaria released just 6 months ago on November 4th, 2021 for iOS and Android.