Gran Turismo 7 is finally back online with update 1.08 and Polyphony Digital CEO Kazunori Yamauchi addressed the game’s recent issues in a new statement. New content and features are in development for the game and coming in future updates. Read up on Yamauchi’s statement and update patch notes below:
Statement by CEO Kazunori Yamauchi:
I wanted to explain what happened in this update.
Immediately before the release of the 1.07 update, we discovered an issue where the game would not start properly in some cases on product versions for the PS4 and PS5.
This was a rare issue that was not seen during tests on the development hardware or the QA sessions prior to the release, but in order to prioritize the safety of the save data of the users, we decided to interrupt the release of the 1.07 update, and to make a 1.08 correctional update.
This is the reason for the delay.
My sincere apologies for the late report to everyone.
Also in this update, some event rewards have been adjusted. I wanted to also explain the reasons for it and our plans going forward.
In GT7 I would like to have users enjoy lots of cars and races even without microtransactions.
At the same time the pricing of cars is an important element that conveys their value and rarity, so I do think it’s important for it to be linked with the real world prices.
I want to make GT7 a game in which you can enjoy a variety of cars lots of different ways, and if possible would like to try to avoid a situation where a player must mechanically keep replaying certain events over and over again.
We will in time let you know the update plans for additional content, additional race events and additional features that will constructively resolve this.
It pains me that I can’t explain the details regarding this at this moment, but we plan on continuing to revise GT7 so that as many players as possible can enjoy the game.
We would really appreciate it if everyone could watch over the growth of Gran Turismo 7 from a somewhat longer term point of view.
Update 1.07/1.08 Patch Notes
Other Improvements and Adjustments
- Fixed an issue wherein the lineup of cars would not appear in the Used Cars and Legend Cars dealerships;
– Fixed an issue wherein in some cases the game would not progress to the World Map, making it impossible to play.
Main Features Implemented
– Added a [Broadcast Mode] option to the ‘Sound Volume’ settings within the ‘Global’ tab of the Options menu. For details, please refer to the ‘Broadcast Mode’ Added to the ‘Sound Volume’ Settings‘ article.
Other Improvements and Adjustments
1. Car Settings
– Fixed an issue wherein an application error would occur when selecting a Setting Sheet from the Quick Menu > [Car Settings] > [Detailed Settings] screen within ‘World Circuits’ while being in Offline Mode;
– Fixed an issue wherein copied Setting Sheets would disappear when the Car Settings were opened and closed;
– Fixed an issue wherein the Ford GT Race Car ’18 would only go into 1st gear when a ‘Fully Customisable Manual Transmission’ or a ’Fully Customisable Sequential Transmission’ were installed;
– Fixed an issue wherein cars would be considered ‘within regulation’ even though they did not meet the Balance of Performance (BoP) regulation.
– Fixed an issue wherein some Assist Settings, such as Auto-Drive, were able to be changed or saved even when ‘Limit Driving Options’ was set to ‘Prohibited.’
3. Missions & Licences
– Fixed an issue wherein the modified Assist Settings in some events would be saved and would not go back to the default value even after leaving the event.
– Fixed an issue wherein for some events the wind direction and speed display were set to 0.
5. Licences / Missions / Circuit Experiences
– Fixed an issue wherein the specified tyres would not be equipped on the vehicle for the following events:
[A-8] Dirt Driving: Beginner (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
[IB-5] Dirt Driving: Intermediate (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
[IA-3] Dirt Driving: Expert (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
[S-5] One Lap Time Attack (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
The Magic Mountain
・Jeep Night Safari (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
Beyond the Horizon
・Beginner Drifting 1
・American Wilderness (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
・Beginner Drifting 2 (‘Comfort: Medium’ Tyres)
Gone with the Wind
・Divine moves on the Spa
・Intermediate Drifting 2 (‘Racing: Heavy Wet’ Tyres)
The Sun Also Rises
・The White Winged Beast (‘Racing: Soft’ Tyres)
■ Circuit Experiences
Colorado Springs (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
Fishermans Ranch (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
Sardegna – Windmills (‘Dirt’ Tyres)
6. World Circuits
– Adjusted the rewards for events inside ‘World Circuits’ according to driving time and difficulty. The adjusted events are as follows:
World Touring Car 800
・24 Heures du Mans Racing Circuit
World Rally Challenge
・Colorado Springs Lake
GT Cup Gr.4
・High Speed Ring
・Brands Hatch GP Circuit
GT Cup Gr.3
・Autodrome Lago Maggiore. Full
Clubman Cup Plus
・High Speed Ring
American Clubman Cup 700
・Special Stage Route X
American FR Challenge 550
・Blue Moon Bay Speedway
・Weathertech Raceway Laguna Seca
・Willow Springs Raceway
7. GT Auto
– Fixed an issue wherein opening the Livery data from [Open Design] > [Design List] of the Livery Editor would make all the applied decals disappear;
– Fixed an issue wherein the ‘Open Designs’ and ‘Styles’ of the Livery Editor could not be opened until the game was rebooted if the temporary data were deleted.
– Fixed an issue wherein on rare occasions an application error would occur when purchasing cars from ‘Brand Central’, ‘Used Cars’, and ‘Legendary Cars’, or when receiving a car as a prize.
9. Physics Simulation Model
– Adjusted the model to reduce the grip lost when cars with high downforce are passing over a kerbstone while cornering at its limit.
– Fixed several issues that would occur when there was not enough free space available for temporary data downloaded from the network:
・The ‘Used Cars’ lineup would not be displayed;
・The ‘News’ on the Title Screen would not be displayed;
・The ‘Styles’ could not be applied;
– Various other issues have been addressed.
– Corrected an issue where decals placed on the front left fender of the Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)’16 were not being displayed while driving.
Thank you for your continued support and please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo 7!
Hopefully, the issues of Gran Turismo 7 are remedied in a timely manner so players can enjoy the game normally. Read up on our review of Gran Turismo 7 here. Stay tuned at Final Weapon for the latest Japanese gaming news and updates!