Not a day goes by without something leaking from a NetherRealm Studios title it seems. This time it surrounds Mortal Kombat 11. Mortal Kombat 11 is about to drop Kombat Pack 2 that features Rain, Mileena, and Rambo tomorrow, November 17th. Many thought this would be the end of Mortal Kombat 11’s life cycle. However a new rumor suggests that is not the case. According to reddit user WaddIesLeaker, Mortal Kombat 11 will receive 3 more Kombat Packs. He goes into detail of what people can expect out of the 3 new packs.
Kombat Pack 3, 4 and 5 will be coming. They will be 4, 4 and 3 in terms of character size. The third pack will release in Spring 2021, the fourth in Fall 2021 and the final pack will come out in the beginning of 2022 to cap off the game as well as celebrate the 30’th Anniversary of Mortal Kombat. The different content being worked on in different stages of production are as follows, in no particular order;
• Quan Chi
• Ripley (voice/likeness of Sigourney Weaver)
• The Comedian
• The Living Forest arena
• Sheeva’s Throne Room arena
• Well of Souls arena
• Wu Shi Academy arena
• The Warrior Shrine arena
• The Pit arena
• Netherrealm Krypt arena
• Wastelands arena
• Klassic Arcade Ninja Pack 2 featuring Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot and Rain
• Klassic Arcade Fighter Pack 2 featuring Liu Kang, Sindel, Kabal and Shang Tsung
• Pantheon Pack featuring Raiden, Cetrion, Fujin and Shao Kahn
• Outworld Militia Pack featuring Kotal Kahn, Erron Black, Skarlet and Sheeva
• Motion Picture Pack featuring Christopher Lambert / Raiden, Linden Ashby / Johnny Cage, Bridgette Wilson-Sampras / Sonya Blade and Robin Shou / Liu Kang
• Annihilation Pack featuring Talisa Soto / Kitana, Musetta Vander / Sindel, Lynn Williams / Jax and Tyrone Wiggins / Rain
• Sylvester Stallone / Rambo announcer
• Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa / Shang Tsung announcer
• Christopher Lambert / Raiden announcer
Waddles isn’t just some out of nowhere leaker either. Before the announcement of the Aftermath expansion, Waddles leaked it all to the T. Everything from the characters, story, and new finishing moves.
Even if this does seem likely to happen, I want to stress that it is still a rumor. He may have provided proof that he has sources but a lot can change over time. NRS could have spread lies to cover their bases. As of right now however, it is looking like Mortal Kombat 11 will get some sort of new content after KP2 with the most recent datamines finding more character slots. You also need to remember that NRS starts work on DLC months ahead of time, just like how they did it with KP1.
Stay tuned for more on Mortal Kombat 11 at Final Weapon!