Cyberpunk 2077 will be getting a complete content rejuvenation over the next couple of days. The game will get a new major update titled 2.0 and its first and only expansion, Phantom Liberty. However, with update 2.0 being completely free for all next-gen players and Phantom Liberty costing $29.99, it can be hard to determine what’s the point of grabbing the expansion. Here’s an overview of all the significant differences between Update 2.0 and Cyberpunk 2077‘s first expansion, Phantom Liberty.
What Seperates Update 2.0 and Phantom Liberty?
CD Projekt Red has outlined the differences between Update 2.0 and Phantom Liberty. Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 includes the following:
- Completely redesigned skill trees.
- Redone Perks System
- Vehicle Combat
- Combat AI Improved
- Police AI Overhauled
- UI Improved
- Loot, items, and crafting changes
- New loot and weapons
- Overhauled Cyberware Systems
- New Radio Stations
- New Fixer Functions
- Weapon and loot scales are based on their tiers.
- And much more.
Update 2.0 mostly focuses on quality-of-life and user interface updates. The update is available now on the PlayStation 5, PC, and Xbox Series X|S. However, Phantom Liberty includes far more substantial updates. These include:
- A brand-new district, Dogtown
- Brand-new storylines, characters, and endings.
- A new 10+ hour campaign set in the new district.
- New quests, gigs, boss fights, and more.
- Vehicle missions and airdrops – far more dynamic events.
- All new Relic skill tree, unlocked in Dogtown.
- 100+ new items
- Vehicle Missile Launchers
- Level cap increased to 60
- New interactions with romanceable characters
- And more.
Update 2.0 and Phantom Liberty serve two very different purposes within Cyberpunk 2077. Update 2.0 is a free update that is available on all next-gen consoles and works to add all the features that CD Projekt Red initially promised before the game launched in 2020. Phantom Liberty, on the other hand, is an expansion that adds more features, characters, and a brand-new story set in the world of Cyberpunk 2077.
Those who purchase Phantom Liberty will be able to access everything 2.0 has to offer. Whether you buy the expansion or stick to the new update, Cyberpunk 2077 is undoubtedly better than ever. Lastly, Update 2.0 is available now on the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. Phantom Liberty will release on all consoles mentioned above on September 26.