NEXON and NEXON Games have revealed several new details about The First Descendant crossplay open beta before its launch on September 19. Pre-load is now available, allowing players to download the open beta and await its launch.
Previously, NEXON revealed the PS5 features supported by The First Descendant including DualSense capabilities and performance modes. The open beta was originally planned for August 2023, but the development team needed to reschedule in order to address some lingering issues. Soon, The First Descendant will finally host its open beta for an entire week straight.
The First Descendant Crossplay Open Beta Dates and Content
Fans may pre-load/download The First Descendant crossplay open beta right now on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam. The open beta will be held from September 19 to 26. Players will be allowed experience a sizable portion of the full game’s content including 4-player online co-op, strategic boss battles, and a number of different features with friends across all platforms. Those who reach level 20 during the open beta will receive a Back Trophy exclusive item at launch.
Here’s an overview of the features that players can expect, courtesy of NEXON Games:
- New Gameplay Content
- 13 playable characters including two ultimate characters
- 11 new ultimate weapons, each with unique effects
- 8 Void Intercept Battle bosses
- 2 new Void Intercept Battle maps
- New cosmetic system and much more!
- Performance Enhancements
- Improved frame rate performance
- HDR and NVIDIA® DLSS 3 support
- Utilizing the latest Unreal Engine 5.2
- Performance and Fidelity modes for PS5, PS4 Pro, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One X
- Quality-of-Life Improvements
- Revamped grappling hook control and new parkour movements
- New module (previously called rune) system
- Improved movement and weapon effects
- Updated User Experience and Interface (UX / UI)
- New Open Beta-Only Rewards
- Crossplay Open Beta Participation Rewards: Limited Edition Emote Upon Launch to All Participants
- Descendant Level 20 Rewards: Backpack Decoration Item Upon Launch to Descendants that Reach Level 20
- Updated Narratives, New Maps and Prologue
Lastly, The First Descendant is coming soon to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam.