UPDATE – 5/19/23: The Pokémon Company clarifies that the May 23 release date for the Pokémon HOME was posted by mistake. However, the version 3.0.0 update is still expected to introduce Pokémon Scarlet and Violet support.
The Pokémon Company announced Pokémon HOME finally adds Pokémon Scarlet and Violet support in the version 3.0.0 update launching on May 23. Players may earn a special bonus by utilizing the Pokémon HOME mobile app with Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.
After linking a copy of Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet to Pokémon HOME, players may transfer Pokémon from the Nintendo Switch game to the application. Additionally, players may bring select Pokémon from other games to the Paldea region. The Tera type of Pokémon moved to Pokémon Scarlet and Violet from other games will be determined by their original type or types according to The Pokémon Company. As an added bonus, players will be able to receive a Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxly with Hidden Abilities as Mystery Gifts after their first Pokémon HOME mobile app transfer.
Here’s an overview of what’s to come in the version 3.0.0 update, via The Pokémon Company:
Pokémon HOME Version 3.0.0 Update Highlights
- Convert Pokémon HOME Points into LP (League Points): Players will be able to exchange Pokémon HOME Points, which they receive based on the number of Pokémon in their Boxes, for LP that they can use in Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet.
- View Game-Specific Details: Players will be able to change a Pokémon’s summary page to display information from other games the Pokémon has been in. Additionally, in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME, the summary page of Pokémon transferred from Pokémon Bank will now show its stats and information as they were in Pokémon Bank.
- Changing Moves: From version 3.0.0 onward, when bringing a Pokémon from Pokémon HOME into a linked game, players will be able to change the moves it knows from among a list of moves it has learned up to that point. This will allow players to have their Pokémon know moves before moving it out of Pokémon HOME.
- Added Challenges and Stickers: If certain challenges are completed in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME, you can obtain stickers as rewards. You can use the stickers you obtain to customize your profile, so be sure to complete all sorts of challenges to create designs that are uniquely “you”!
- Bring Along Gimmighoul (Roaming Form): Players will be able to bring Gimmighoul (Roaming Form) from Pokémon GO into Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet via Pokémon HOME.
Lastly, Pokémon HOME is available now for Android, iOS, and Nintendo Switch.