Q-Games announced PixelJunk Scrappers Deluxe is coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 alongside the PC versions later this year. A new trailer was released to reveal the upcoming console versions.
“The PixelJunk series is known for blending genres to create innovative new experiences, and that’s exactly what we’re continuing to do with PixelJunk Scrappers Deluxe,” said Dylan Cuthbert, Founder of Q-Games and Executive Producer. “By fusing traditional arcade brawler gameplay with modern party-game madness, we’ve developed something that’s fun to pick up and play and keeps you coming back for more.”
Cuthbert continues, “PixelJunk recently celebrated its 15th anniversary and I’m thrilled to be announcing a brand new experience for players on PC, PlayStation and Nintendo Switch. We’ve got big plans for 2023 and intend to celebrate the 15 year anniversary in style. There’s more PixelJunk news to come and we can’t wait to share what we’ve been working on.”
Here’s an overview of PixelJunk Scrappers Deluxe via Steam:
In PixelJunk Scrappers Deluxe, clean up the streets of Junktown and trash anyone who gets in your way!
Take on the role of the Scrappers, a squad of robot garbage collectors working to clean up a grimy city in the not-so-distant future. Sweep the streets alone or form the ultimate team with up to 4 players. Time is money in Junktown, so stack that trash high and toss to your squad to boost efficiency for bigger rewards.
Garbage collection is only part of the job! Robotic rivals will attack and interfere so it’s up to you to dispose of them while staying on schedule. Teamwork is key to maximizing efficiency and achieving high scores, unlocking new characters, and customization options.
- Battle rival garbage collectors in chaotic street brawls
- Explore 5 vibrant, uniquely themed areas with over 25 stages
- Master the art of fast and frantic garbage collecting, either solo or with up to 4 players
- Supports both Online and Local Cooperative Play
- Master multiple fighting styles and unlock a variety of melee and ranged weapons
- Customize your garbage truck with over 100 unique custom parts
- Unlock and recruit a variety of Scrappers for your roster
- Challenge your friends in fun and competitive mini-games
- Immerse yourself in a pop-art cyberpunk-world that draws inspiration from real-world Japan