Koei Tecmo will release physical copies of Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse in Asia, and the Asia version supports English.
Although a Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse physical release was not announced for the west, Fatal Frame fans may import the Asia version through Playasia. The Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 versions will be available physically for $59.99 on Playasia. The Premium Box (Switch) edition will be sold for $99.99.
Here’s an overview of Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse:
“If no one remembers it, does that mean it never happened?”
Rogetsu Kagura is a festival held once every ten years on Rogetsu Isle in southern Japan. During the festival, five girls mysteriously disappeared. The girls were rescued by a detective, but all of their memories were lost.
One of the girls that disappeared mysteriously, Ruka Mizunaki, had a faint memory of a single melody…
– Girls playing instruments surrounded by masked people, and a masked woman dancing in the moonlight as though possessed. –
The melody repeats and hastens … and then the memory ends abruptly. What happened that day…? Ruka has lived with that thought in her mind ever since. Ten years later, two of the girls that mysteriously disappeared were killed one after another. They were found with their faces covered, in a tragic demeanor. Determined to solve the mystery of their friends’ deaths, the remaining girls, Misaki and Madoka, agree to travel to Rogetsu Isle.
Ruka decides to follow them to the island. Will they find out what lies beyond their lost memories?
- Exploring Rogetsu Island – Explore the dimly lit Western-style mansions and abandoned hospitals on the island by relying on the moonlight and the faint glow of a flashlight. The story progresses by “touching” places that may capture your attention. From past newspaper articles to notes, you will discover mysteries about the past in which abominable incidents occured. Unravel the lost memories of the protagonist and find the truth. There might be situations where you get chills…
- Camera Obscura – An old camera with the ability to repel vengeful ghosts and seal away their power by photographing them. Equip stronger lenses and change out different films to capture even more powerful photos. Reveal “things that cannot be seen” to find clues that will help in discovery of lost things
- New Photo Mode – Pose characters and ghosts, and place them freely for haunting memories in the newly added photo mode. Perhaps even take an unexpected spirit photo by accident…
- New Costumes – The original lineup of costumes has been slightly altered, and new costumes have been added. Change the characters’ costumes to experience the investigation in different ways
Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse launches March 9, 2023 for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam.